Lost Stock Certificate, Affidavit of is provided to inform you about this document in question and assist you in its preparation. When you lose a stock certificate, first contact the issuing company to advise them of the circumstances and request guidance regarding replacement. Call or write the corporation’s headquarters and ask for the investor relations department; the fastest method these days is to go to their website, find Investor Relations, and contact them that way. You should start by preparing this affidavit. It puts all of the information in order. Even if they require using their document this will get you primed.
1. Use a notary. All states allow that. There are shortcuts in some states but it is far simpler, as always, to do it right and get a formal document such as this one notarized. Duplicate originals are a good idea. Send the original to the company and retain the other for backup, along with a couple of copies for your records.
Lost Stock Certificate, Affidavit of
State of _______________
County of _____________
___________________, being first duly sworn on oath deposes and says that ___ is an adult and resides at _____________________.
1. The certificate(s) representing the following described shares of stock has been lost,
stolen or destroyed: ____________________________.
Registered owner’s exact name as it appears on the original certificate:
Number of shares:
2. The above-described stock is solely owned by ________________.
3. That Affiant has made or caused to be made a diligent search for said securities and
has been unable to find or recover same. Neither said securities nor any interest therein has been sold, assigned, endorsed, pawned, pledged for any bank or brokerage loan or otherwise, or disposed of in any manner by or on behalf of said owner. Neither said owner nor anyone on said owner’s behalf has signed any power of attorney, any stock power, or other assignment or authorization respecting the same which is now outstanding and in force. No person, firm or corporation has any right, title, claim, equity, or interest in, to, or respecting said securities, excepting the sole owner above named.
4. That this affidavit is made for the purpose of inducing the issuance of a new or duplicate certificate in substitution of or in exchange for said lost, stolen or destroyed certificate without requiring the surrender of the original, or the payment, delivery, exchange, or credit in respect of such original without such surrender, and/or inducing to issue an indemnity bond.
5. If such new or duplicate certificate(s) is so issued, countersigned and registered, or such payment, delivery, exchange or credit is made in respect of such original(s), then it is understood and Affiant hereby agrees that if said lost certificate comes into Affiant’s control or custody, the recovered stock certificate will be delivered to the issuer or, at issuer’s request, to issuer’s Transfer Agent, for the purpose of cancellation.
Owner of Stock
Acknowledgment: Subscribed and sworn to before me this __day of ______, 20______.
My commission expires:
Top Legal Forms:
- sample of authorization letter for sample affidavit of lost
- form for bond for lost stock certificate
- sample letter for lost two lost stock certificates
- Affidavit of Law stock certificate
- sample of affidavit of lost certificate
- sample of affidavit of lost
- sample certification of lost textbooks
- sample affidavit of loss stock certificate
- pxplanlation lost stock certificate sample
- lost stock certificate affidavit