New Mexico Right to Die Act is provided to inform you about this document in question and assist you in its preparation. This simple Life Sustaining Declaration is valid in New Mexico. Check with a local hospital or doctor’s office, as well as with an experienced medical attorney, to assure yourself of its compliance with current statute (s) in your state.
- Make multiple copies. Give one to your doctor (s), the local hospital, and have others available through your attorney and family. Remember, these kinds of documents are needed in emergency situations at worst and under stressful circumstances at best. So be sure they are available to the appropriate people easily, when needed.
New Mexico Right to Die Act
DIRECTIONS OF ________________
I, _______________, of _______________, ________, __________, herewith state:
1. I am of sound mind and have reached the age of majority.
2. After due and mature deliberation I have decided that it is consistent with my religious, moral and ethical beliefs that if I should ever be certified under the New Mexico Right to Die Act as suffering from a terminal condition that “maintenance medical treatment” as is defined by that act shall not be utilized to prolong my life.
3. If the time comes when I, ________________, can no longer take part in decisions of my own future, let this statement stand as an expression of my wishes while I am still of sound mind.
4. This statement is made after careful consideration and is in accordance with my strong convictions and beliefs. I want the wishes and directions here expressed carried out to the extent permitted by law. Insofar as they are not legally enforceable, I hope that those to whom this will is addressed will regard themselves as morally bound by these provisions.